PHP 4.3.3 Release Announcement
[ Version Française ]
After a lengthy QA process, PHP 4.3.3 is finally out!
This maintenance release solves a fair number of bugs found in prior PHP versions and
addresses several security issues. All users are strongly advised to
upgrade to 4.3.3 as soon as possible.
PHP 4.3.3 contains, among others, following important fixes, additions and improvements:
- Improved the engine to use POSIX/socket IO where feasible.
- Fixed several potentially hazardous integer and buffer overflows.
- Fixed corruption of multibyte character including 0x5c as second byte in multipart/form-data.
- Fixed each() to be binary safe for keys.
- Major improvements to the NSAPI SAPI.
- Improvements to the IMAP extension.
- Improvements to the InterBase extension.
- Added DBA handler 'inifile' to support ini files.
- Added long options into CLI & CGI (e.g. --version).
- Added a new parameter to preg_match*() that can be used to specify the starting offset in the subject string to match from.
- Upgraded the bundled Expat library to version 1.95.6
- Upgraded the bundled PCRE library to version 4.3
- Upgraded the bundled GD library to version GD 2.0.15
- Over 100 various bug fixes!
For a full list of changes in PHP 4.3.3, see the